Derby Dash 5K - Now on Saturday!
Saturday July 13, 9am Start Time
The **NEW** 5k course features a start and finish line located in downtown Redmond. Competitive racers will find a course that is flat, fast, and USATF certified. A professional timing company will be on hand to record official finish times and allocate prizes for the top finishers in each age category. The Dash also tailors to groups of families and friends who wish to show their support for the Dash's cause by walking or jogging. The race format will have multiple waves of participants, so everyone will have a pacing group that is just right!
SAVE $5 BY REGISTERING BY JUNE 1 DURING THE EARLY BIRD SPECIAL!
- Participant fees through May 31:
- Participant fees June 1-July 10:
- Adult (13 and up) online registration-$30
- Youth (12 and under) online registration-$20
- Note: Online registration closes at 11:59pm on Wednesday July 10. Individuals who wish to pick up their race packets prior to the event must register online by **no later** than 11:59pm on Sunday July 7. Pre-race packet pickup will be available on a date during the week leading up to the race for those who register before July 8. Further instructions will be posted closer to July.
- Participant fees after July 10:
Adult (13 and up) walk-in registration-$35
- Youth (12 and under) walk-in registration-$20
- Note: Participants must register in person at the event site on the day of the race if they have not registered online before online registration closes on July 12.
Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
The participant registration fee is $25 and all of The Dash's net proceeds support the mission of the non-profit Pancreatic Cancer Action Network. Among the major cancer killers, pancreatic cancer has the lowest survival rate and receives the least amount of research funding.
By participating in The Dash, you help us "outrun" pancreatic cancer not only through raising funds towards a cure, but also by signaling your support to those who are currently fighting pancreatic cancer.
Dr. John K. McCormick Foundation
The Dash is organized by the Dr. John K. McCormick Foundation. John, a 22-year resident of Redmond, WA, lost his battle to pancreatic cancer in November 2007 at the age of 56. John was born in Honolulu, Hawaii on July 6, 1951. After moving to Redmond in 1985, John practiced orthopedic surgery for over two decades while raising a family with his wife, Ann. Golfer, runner, avid student of everything (i.e. ukulele, banjo, Spanish, astronomy), John was greatly loved by his wife, Ann, 4 children--Kinsey, Kerry, Johnny, Meghan--and his extended family and friends.
In organizing The Dash, The Dr. John K. McCormick Foundation's overarching goals are to turn John McCormick's tragic loss to pancreatic cancer into an opportunity to stage an enriching community event while also raising awareness and funds towards a cure for pancreatic cancer.