2013 Grand Parade Marshal
DigiPen Founder & President
Celebrating DigiPen's 25th Anniversary
Claude Comair is the founder and president of DigiPen Institute of Technology, which is located in Redmond, Washington.
Comair received an undergraduate degree in Architecture from L´Université du Saint Esprit in Lebanon, and a Master's degree in Environmental Engineering from Osaka University in Japan. He has worked on several video game projects for Nintendo, Digital Eclipse Software, Inc., Intelligent Systems Co., Ltdn. and Namco.
Comair co-founded Nintendo Software Technology, a subsidiary of Nintendo Co. Ltd. Kyoto, Japan, where he produced several game titles. In 1988, Comair channeled his experience and passion for the game industry, and its need for innovation and a skilled workforce, and founded DigiPen Corporation in Vancouver, BC (Canada). In 1996, DigiPen relocated to Redmond, WA and soon expanded into Singapore in 2008, and Spain in 2010.
His passion for the industry and innovation continue to inform the curriculum and culture of DigiPen Institute of Technology today.
2013 Grand Parade Award Categories:
- Grand Derby (Best Overall) - All City Marching Band
- Most Community Spirit - RYPAC & Old Fire House Teen Center
- Best Drill Team - Lake Washington School District Baton Twirlers
- Most Original - Redwing Vaulters
- Best Costume - Redmond Academy of Theater Arts
- Mayor's Choice - Redmond United Methodist Church
- Good Luck!