FREE Ben Franklin Kid's Parade
Decorate your wheels, yourself, your parents and pets and join the festivities.
Get creative! Since the first Derby Days Kids Parade in 1940, the community's
children have decked out their wheels and come to the parade. Decorate your bike,
trike, scooter or skates and join the fun. It needn't be fancy! Remember, everyone
is invited so get the whole family in the act. Bike decorating will be available
before the parade. Every child who participates and wears a helmet will receive a
prize of two silver dollar coins courtesy of Clark, Raymond and Company.
After strutting your stuff along the .6 mile parade route, check your "wheels" at
the Bike Check-In, just behind Redmond City Hall. Spend the day enjoying the
criterium bike races, live music, entertainment, food and games.
- Kid's parade route will be the same as Grand Parade route (see below).
- All participants must report to the registration tables located at the Opportunity Building Parking Lot (See above for address).
- All kids on "wheels" must have a helmet on, no exceptions!
- No judging will occur at the event.
- Please keep pets on leashes at all times.
- All children should be accompanied by an adult.
Ria Emsley, Ben Franklin
If you have 10+ participants in your group, please contact Ria Emsley in advance.
Need a Helmet?
Helmets will be available near the registration tables ($10 donation). The City of Redmond Police Department will be on-site to provide helmet education and custom fitting. Please arrive early to get a helmet in time for the parade.
If you would like to save time in the registration process, feel free to fill out the waiver form
at home and bring it with you.